What You Can Experience at Tokyo Biennale
Tokyo Biennale offers the following experiences.
An art experience unique to each site
An art exhibition in which visitors can experience the works by exploring venues scattered throughout each area. The works vary from artist to artist, but each can be enjoyed as a work unique to the venue in which it is displayed.
A new experience born from digital media
When you visit a real venue and hold up your smartphone, you will be able to enjoy new experiences such as AR works that overlay the scenery of the venue with the artwork to create a new landscape, and story-based video and audio that can only be experienced on site.
For more information about the +EX experience, please click here .
*Details about the +EX experience will be released at a later date.
An all-inclusive ticket that allows you to have both the Exhibition Experience and +EX Experience.
- For the Exhibition Experience, please present your electronic ticket or printed ticket to the attendant at the entrance of the venue.
- The +EX Experience can be experienced by logging in using the individual serial code sent from respective ticket companies at the time of purchasing your ticket.
- *The individual serial code is valid only for the purchaser of the ticket.
- *In case of unauthorized access, the executive office will invalidate the serial code.
- *Please check the FAQ for details about device specifications and versions required to enjoy the +EX experience.
Individual Viewing Tickets
Valid for one work on the same day. These tickets can only be used at offline venues. Approximately 10 works are scheduled to be available for this service.
|Advance ticketApril 26-
|Official ticketJuly 1-
|Individual Viewing Ticket
(sold for each work)
- *Free admission for junior high school students and younger.
- *Student tickets are available only for high school, college, university, and vocational school students who are able to present Student ID. Please present your Student ID along with your ticket at the time of entry. If you do not have ID, you will be asked to pay the general admission fee.
- *Additional fees may be required for events and workshops.
- *A reservation system with a specific date and time entry and other restrictions may be introduced depending on the spread of the novel coronavirus. In such cases, an announcement will be made on the official Tokyo Biennale website.
- *Visitors with a Disability Certificate and up to one attendant are admitted free of charge. Please present the certificate at the ticket counter of the venue on the day of your visit.
Tokyo Biennale Information Center
*The Information Center will be open from July 10 throughout the exhibition period.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable, even if unused.
- No waiting list is available.
- If additional tickets become available, it will be announced on the official website.
- The resale of tickets for commercial purposes is prohibited. Please be advised that if a ticket is found to have been resold through secondary sales services or auctions, entrance to the venue will not be permitted.
- Please note that admission is not conducted on a one-time viewing only system.
- If you have a temperature of 37.5℃ or higher, you will not be admitted.
- In order to cooperate with interviews and investigations by public institutions such as health centers, it may be necessary to ask you to provide your contact information at the time of purchasing your ticket or at the time of admission.
Frequently Asked Questions（FAQ）
- Is there a discount for senior citizens?
- No. There are only two ticket types: “General” and “Student” tickets.
- Can I purchase tickets in cash at the venue?
- Please purchase tickets in advance using Ticket Pia or ArtSticker. On the day of the event, you can purchase electronic or printed tickets at the Information Center or from the ticket sales page of the official website using your device. It is not possible to purchase individual viewing tickets in cash at respective venues.
- When can I begin the +EX Experience?
- The +EX Experience is available during the event period (July 10-September 5, 2021). (It is not possible to experience this service before or after the event period, as the page will be closed). Some contents can be experienced free of charge while others can only be experienced by those who have purchased a passport. If you have purchased a passport, please enjoy the +EX Experience by using the serial code issued at the time of purchase to log in from the dedicated screen.
- What are the device requirements for the +EX Experience?
- iPhone/iOS 12 or later (iPhone 7 or later), Android/Android 9 or later. Some of the experiences offered free of charge require you to download the app. Compatible devices and conditions depend on the conditions of the app.
Tokyo Biennale Executive Office
Tokyo Biennale 2020/2021 Inquiries
Tokyo Biennale Executive Office
(10:00-18:00/Closed on weekends and national holidays until the end of the exhibition, open every day during the exhibition)